Selecting the perfect stationery for your upcoming nuptials can be oh so very difficult. There are so many clever and quirky options available, making it a bit overwhelming to know where to start. We’ve collected some of our favourite invitation ideas, as well as a timeline to help you begin your quest into the world of pretty paper and typography.
- Eight Months Prior – If you’re opting to send Save the Date’s, eight months prior is the perfect time to start looking. This will ensure there is plenty of time for you to place an order, for it to be printed and delivered to you.
- Six to Eight Months Prior – Once your Save the Dates are back in your hot little hands, it’s time to pop them in the post. If you’re having a destination wedding or guests are traveling interstate, they will undoubtedly appreciate the extra notice.
- Five Months Prior – With five months left until your big day, you should start looking for your invitations. Again, getting a jump start will ensure you receive your order well before your invitations need to be posted, plus you’ll avoid having to pay any ‘rush order’ fees. Don’t forget when placing your order to get a few additional unaddressed invitations. If an invitation happens to go missing in the post or you’ve accidentally left someone off your list, you’ll be covered.
- Three Months Prior – It is time to send out your invitations! If you’re asking guests to RSVP via an RSVP Card, be sure to include a stamped, self-addressed envelope – it will save your guests the hassle of a trip to the Post Office!
- Six Weeks Prior – With your wedding day drawing nearer, you should ask for any final RSVP’s and confirm your guest list. Now you’ve got these details in place, you’ll be able to order the stationery required for the day of your wedding such as place cards and seating charts for your reception, and ceremony booklets. When setting an RSVP date, it is a good idea to check with your venue and suppliers when they’ll need final guest numbers by. Be sure to leave plenty of time of time to follow up on any guests that have forgotten to RSVP (there’s always a few!)
- The Day Of – Congratulations! We hope it’s everything you dreamed of and more! If you’re sending Thank You Cards featuring an image of your wedding, mention this to your photographer so they’re able to capture the perfect shot!
- One to Two Months After – Now is the perfect time to send out Thank You Cards to your guests. They’ll love the reminder of the spectacular time they had dancing the night away!
These Telegram Invitations from I Met Him On A Sunday are a beautiful reminder of yesteryear! It’s a bit difficult to send an actual telegram nowadays, so these are a perfect substitute.
If you’re looking for something unique and very practical, then look no further. Guests will remember (and no doubt use!) their invitations or thank-you gifts for years to come with these Invitation Tea Towels.
For something a little more traditional it is hard to go past these beauties by Empress Letterpress. They’re elegant and timeless with a fun little equine twist!