Teigan & Aaron chose a wedding inspired by the mid 20’s with more of a dark & classic vintage feel instead of bright and fresh. It had rained all week before Teigan & Aaron’s wedding day. To create the dark and somewhat moody look they wanted they were hoping for dark grey skies but just not rain! Although Teigan had dreamed of getting married in the garden, due to the weather they had to resort to their wet weather plan of marrying on the balcony. Although this was a little disappointing for Teigan she remembers that all of her worries left the minute she saw her husband to be at the end of the aisle.
Their celebrant was Teigan’s grandfather, making the ceremony a truly personal celebration for them both.
Teigan recalls that they had no idea how all the different elements they had chosen would look when all brought together on the day or even if they would pull off the look. The 12 ft veil, dark makeup, classic cars, bow ties & lace, pincurls & pearls, tailored suits with peak collar, burgundy & black with the fresh ivory along with the venues architecture and interior design all came together to create their perfect day. “The gardens were glowing green and sky was angry and dark. The weather we were hoping for.”
Teigan’s advice for brides-to-be
- So many people will give you advice. Just remember, the wedding is you & your fiancés day. Do what you want!
- Plan early! You may miss out on the vendor you are after if you leave it too late.
- View the possible venues.
- Explore your options.
- Don’t let the small errors that happen before the day get you down! Some things are going to go wrong.
- Choose your bridal party carefully. You want supportive people around you.
- But most of all HAVE FUN! The night goes by way too fast. Blink and you’ll miss it.
PHOTOGRAPHY Candice Campbell Photography
BRIDE’S DRESS Sweethearts Bridal, Blacktown
BRIDESMAIDS’ DRESSES Mulberry Street Vintage
HAIR Bayside Hair & Beauty and The Vintage Look
CAKE Bobbie’s Cakes
STATIONERY Creative Escapade
WEDDING VEHICLES Silver Classics
VENUE Bella Vista, Mayfield
*This wedding was featured first in Vintage Bride magazine, Issue 3.