There is something so very special about having a hand crafted heirloom hair piece to complete your wedding look. Fortunately here in Australia we are so very lucky to have several highly talented individuals in this area, and Anya Ostapenko, the maker and designer of Bride la Boheme adornments is one of these such people. Anya started creating her handmade wedding accessories a few years ago, selling them on Etsy and since then it has grown into a small business operating online through her own website. Based in Sydney, all of the pieces are individually designed and lovingly made by hand by Anya herself.
“In 2010 I was getting married and found it very difficult to find wedding accessories that i liked , and the ones that i liked were very expensive:) So I started making few things myself and Bride La Boheme started as a small shop on Etsy.com in early 2011 . I make everything myself by hand . Thanks to a wonderful friend photographer Anton from Blanche Photography , beautiful models and an awesome make up artist I knew from a friend’s wedding we photographed my creations and a website was born.”
Anya describes her inspiration as being drawn from bohemian and ethereal looks. “So far I have completed two collections in 2012, and two collections in 2013 . I carefully select the materials and make everything by hand, hence every piece is created for an individual bride and is customisable . I love Swarovski crystals, hand wired with pearls and loving yellow gold atm, i also cut and hand sew every single veil and blusher myself.”
She says she is currently loving vintage and more specifically 1930’s looks for bridal fashion and is currently working on a new collection which includes some very beautiful vintage inspired bridal sashes. We can’t wait to see these when they are released!
To find our more about the creative mind behind these gorgeous pieces, here are 6 interesting facts about the designer and maker, Anya:
1. I cant get enough of creating images in my head and then seeing it come alive.I like to think that I not only design wedding hair and other accessories , but the whole look for the bride.
2. Favourite weekend activity is something sporty.We went kayaking recently and it was awesome!
3. I would love to get married in Zanzibar off the coast of Tanzania .Went there for a honeymoon and fell in love with this place.In fact I want to retire there:) Exotic, fresh and inspiring that place is …
4. Love the combination of burlap and olive green . Its organic and comfortable nature is really attractive to me to decorate the wedding with and Bride la Boheme is all about that .
5. My 10 months old son Jakob and hubby Pavlik is my life’s greatest love , cant imagine the world without those two, very funny and handsome duo! Travelling is something that i cannot live without, and its where my inspiration flows from.I have great plans for Bride la Boheme to have different collections based on the things that i’ve seen travelling 🙂 But thats later, much later!
6. I listen to a recently emerged Lana Del Rey , captivating voice of Emeli Sande and her track “Heaven ” is forever inspiring , and of course that handsome Sam Sparro :))))