Guest post by Bronte Price
Rustic and classic, the vintage wedding is in vogue now and doesn’t seem to fade away soon. Vintage wedding is a fun affair for family. The elders especially get to relive their past. There are many fun and interesting options for a vintage wedding. It can reflect the Victorian era or the ‘20s and ‘30s.
6 Things That Will Make Your Vintage Wedding Plan Complete
So, how do you go for a vintage themed wedding? This wedding aesthetics have to reflect the style of the bygone era. You can have vintage furniture. You can decorate flowers in a vintage theme. You can have a vintage theme dress. There are a many ways where you can have a vintage theme in your wedding. You can tick mark the below points in your vintage wedding planning:
- Vintage Venue: For the classic vintage wedding try getting married in an old city that has a rustic charm to it. Or you can select a village or a garden, and decorate it with a vintage wedding theme. How about a wedding under a huge oak tree or along the river path? You can even redesign a barn to serve as the reception area. The bare walls and the large wooden door will serve as the perfect vintage setting for your wedding. When in the city do not forget to book a band to play some music of the vintage era.
- Vintage Theme Wedding Dress: You can check the old snaps of your parents’ wedding. You can get an idea about what you want to wear for your vintage wedding. If your mother has still saved her dress, then it is time to bring it out from her wardrobe. You can redesign it for that perfect vintage gown look. There are many online sites available that sell fantastic gowns with stunning options. Use fabrics such as lace and details like pearls on the buttons. Have a long-sleeved, low back gown. See to it that your look that day matches the vintage or retro look. Your hair and make-up also should gel with the vintage look.
- Vintage Theme: A vintage themed wedding means that you have to use a lot of imagination. But feel free to experiment with the looks. There is no point in sticking to your selected theme. Select pastel or neutral colors for a romantic vintage wedding.
- Beautify the chairs at the reception by tying cute sashes in pastel or floral.
- Keep small birdcages with candles inside them on the tables.
- Order a naked cake that not only looks delicious but also matches the vintage theme.
- Place doilies under the centerpieces or use it as a coaster for cups.
- Use lace around the table cloth or cover the flower vase with lace.
- Hang bunting made of vintage fabrics all around the venue. Beautify the chairs at the reception by tying cute sashes in pastel or floral.
- Place one or two old trunks at strategic locations in the hall and keep some old books on top of it.
- Invitations and Gifts: Let there be creativity in your vintage wedding invitations. A handmade invitation card can be idea. Give it to your closed ones. This will help you build stronger relations with them before the wedding. For gifts, you can select homemade jams in glass jars or cookies baked with your mother’s recipes. This attention to detail will delight the guests and they will cherish the gifts for a lifetime.
- Vintage Photos: You want to go for the vintage look photos. This means that you are going for an old kind of photography. You can achieve this retro look. You have to reduce the saturation or the contrast of the pictures. They have to have a faded look and not have the filtered look. You can do photo editing. There are tools available online. You can work on the pictures and make them look ideal. Take a couple of monochrome snaps as it gives you a timeless feel. The black and white photos or the sepia colors are an art form in itself.
- Vintage Limousine: Yes, how can one forget the limousine that will ferry the bride to the venue? Book a vintage car or limousine so that you can arrive in style. For photographs, you can make the car stand up in the front. This will help the guests to take photographs inside and next to it. Even more classic is the horse and the carriage. Or cars like Cadillac or a Beetle.
Vintage weddings are great because they help you to rediscover the beauty of the past. There are wedding planners who will do everything to give a vintage look to your wedding. But remember, the ultimate idea is to have fun at your wedding and that is what you need to do.
Author Bio –
Bronte Price is Australia’s First Certified Gay Wedding Celebrant in Melbourne. He stands strongly for marriage equality and takes immense pleasure in marrying any couples in love. He has also co-founded The Equality Network to help wedding suppliers create a better wedding experience for LGBTI couples. He is a regular volunteer newsreader at Joy 94.9, and a member of GLOBE (Gay and Lesbian Organization for Business and Enterprise). Beyond this you will find him either in his organic backyard vegetable garden or taking walks with his fiancée Clint and their four legged fur baby – Bingo.