Got an amazing wedding or styled shoot that you’d love to share with all of our readers? Or even a fabulous tutorial or advice article you feel our readers would really benefit from?
Here is a little information about submitting your fabulous work to us here at Vintage Bride!
Types of submissions we love to showcase:
– Real Weddings
– Styled Shoots that are really unique and fun
– DIY ideas including step-by-step tutorials
– Advice for brides from a bride to bride perspective or from wedding professionals
– Really unique proposals
Please use dropbox to send them to us a both high resolution and low resolution/web ready files! email@example.com is the email to share to.
PLEASE ENSURE YOU INCLUDE THE MAIN CONTACT PERSON FOR US TO GET IN TOUCH WITH INCLUDING THEIR DIRECT EMAIL ADDRESS!! (without this we will not respond to the submission)
Please include all of the following in the one shared folder, alternatively if you’re not sure how to use dropbox you can post it all on a disc to Vintage Weddings Pty Ltd, 14 / 46 Douglas St, Milton Qld 4064
– One folder titled Couples Name / Styled Shoot or Submission Name & Low Res which includes all of the images in low resolution with a width of 650px and preferably no watermarks
– One folder titled Couples Name / Styled Shoot or Submission Name & High Res which includes all of the images in high resolution / 300 dpi each with a physical size of at least an A4 page. Image with watermarks will not be considered for print opportunities.
– A full list of credits including their business names, what they provided and their website. Please use our submission details & credits document by clicking here.
– For styled shoots please provide a few paragraphs describing the shoot, the story behind the inspiration of the shoot etc
– For real weddings please provide several paragraphs to describe the day, favourite moments, interesting stories along the way, any helpful advice for future brides and stories behind special elements (refer to the above link of submission details & credits document for a guide).
– SCANS OF HAND WRITTEN SUPPORTING TEXT / CREDITS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED – PLEASE SEND EVERYTHING TYPED TO ENSURE WE CAN READ IT CORRECTLY!
For weddings and styled shoots please submit 50-200 photos that have a good mix of wonderful people and the amazing details, like invitations, table settings, shoes, bow ties, and smiling faces or teary eyes (happy tears of course)! *Submissions of over 200 images will be requested to cull this and resubmit!*
Please note – If you are not the photographer, permission must be obtained from the awesome photographer so we can run the photos. Please also make sure that you have permission from the couple featured.
Direct email submissions with all of the images attached to an email will not be accepted – only submissions via dropbox or posted disc will be considered!!!
We love to showcase new things to our readers, from real weddings to styled shoots! So to make sure we keep our content exciting we do require that any submissions remain exclusive to us until the publishing date. This means that any submissions can not be submitted to any other blog / online or print magazine, nor can they have been featured on any other blog / online or print magazine (apart from your own businesses website if it’s a real wedding / tutorial, however we do require that any wording be rephrased so it’s not identical copy).
From time to time we may consider a non exclusive submission for our blog, however this is always subject to approval and we will require details on where the submission has previously been featured or has also been submitted to.
So, when will I know if my submission will be featured?
We are so excited to see new work pop into our email and dropbox and we really appreciate all the hard work and effort you’ve gone to! If we think your submission fits our readers we will contact you within 14 days from your submission date! If not, we will let you know as well, so you can submit it elsewhere!